Snowkiting Lessons in Toronto, Ontario
We are glad to offer snowkiting lessons at the reduced cost of $199 per lesson. Bring a friend and pay only $149 each ($299 both). The lesson may take from 3 to 5 hours a day. We don't charge per hour since Mother Nature can be tricky.
Skip to specific topic:
Once you have finish paying, dont forget to send us your details.
About Snowkiting Lessons
Is snowboarding or skiing one of the sports you do every snow season? Does it feels like you want to get more of adrenaline rush when you are going downhill? If the answer is yes, then itís time to take it to the next level! Say "no more" to overcrowded ski resorts, purchasing lift tickets and long line-ups, where it takes 15 minutes to get on the top of the hill and only 3 minutes to get downhill. Try snow kiting Ė it will literally "blow you away"!
Snowkiting is an amazing breathtaking alternative sport to skiing and snowboarding, with a kite power to slide along on ice or snow. Just grab your snowboard or skis, dress up worm and join us on the ice frozen lake, snow covered farm field or even small hills and enjoy a company of friendly, young-hearted and adventurous snow kiters. Itís windy Ė letís go kiting!
Snowkiting does not require stronger winds; you can kite as soon as it blows 15km per hour. Then you can free ride or you can perform jumps or tricks. We aim to teach you how to snow kite in just 1-2 lessons, it is actually easier and takes less time than learning how to kite surf on the water and will depend on your skills and motivation. Each lesson is run on the different day and approximately 3-5 hours long, depending on wind conditions
The idea that stands behind our snowkiting lessons is to get you to learn how to snow kite in the quickest and safest way.
In order to attend our snow kiting lessons you will need the correct snowkiting gear. While we provide most of the gear, you will be responsible for the rest of the equipment.
As with any active sport, safety is our top priority, so we ensure that you have all the protective equipment necessary. During the lesson, we are happy to outfit you with the following equipment:
- air pump
- ice screw
- safety rope
- helmet with build-in intercom (provided during the learning session only)
You must bring:
- Skis or snowboard
- Powerskins layering or body warmers
- If you do not own the above, we highly recommend wearing numerous layers of clothes
- Goggles or sun glasses
- Balaclava mask to protect your face from wind burns
- Snowpants (with bib, recommended)
- Knee pads and elbow pads
- Snow footwear. Itís good to bring tall snow boots along with your ski boots
- hot tea in the thermos, snacks and other beverages - to avoid dehydration
- most importantly, bring your enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude!
Remember that during the first part of the day you may get cold and the day progresses you may get overheated, due to the intensive workout, so be prepared to take some layers of clothes off.
Note: You are responsible for any gear damage and we might require a $200 deposit, which will be returned to you once you return the equipment after each lesson. We are recommending and willing to help you buy your own snowkiting equipment.
Tip: you may bring your friends with you and get a group discount on snowkiting lessons!
- Kite, wind power and safety
- Snow kiting gear, such as kite, harness, bar/lines, air pump, ice screw, skis/snowboard and helmet. It is important to know your equipment and how to use it in case of emergency. We say ďSAFETY FIRSTĒ!
- Practice flying trainer kite (this is the safest way to understand wind window theory).
- Kite setup, connecting bar/line to a kite and harness, parking kite on snow/ice when not in use.
- Control of bar safety de-power and emergency release.
- First start, re-launching and landing the kite, walking and flying kite in power window.
- While kite is flying, putting your skis/snowboard on and riding.
In first lesson you have learned all the basics of snowkiting and now itís time to polish your snow kiting skills and get you more comfortable with riding. Under kite instructorís supervision you will be asked to perform kite setup, kite re-lunch and do safety/emergency de-power on your own. You will snow kite side-by-side with instructor and communicate using intercoms. As you ride, the instructor will give you tips on how to stay upwind, turning back to start point and maybe you do your first jump.
You may inquire on additional lessons if you still feel not comfortable snow kiting.